It Happened Again
10 Things you need to stop doing as a parent … And what you should do instead.
Steps to repair any damage caused by yelling at your child.
- Give yourself grace. We have all been there.
- Raise awareness around the types of events or circumstances that cause you to yell.
- When you start to feel the frustration or anger starting to build, create a pause.
During the pause ask these three questions:
- How can I bring compassion and forgiveness to this situation? Or What do I need to forgive
- What am I grateful for?
- How can I make a difference?
The action that “makes a difference” becomes the replacement for yelling at your child.
Your family enrichment coach,